[slurm-users] Accounting/access on total usage

Heckes, Frank heckes at mps.mpg.de
Tue Jan 17 07:50:27 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I hope I don’t overlooked a posting or documentation, but I didn’t find anything related.

Does anyone know whether it’s possible to configure an ‘intrinsic’ SLURM accounting scheme or mechanism like

1.	All groups, users have an account with a total amount of TRES (cputime, memory,…)  they can use per billing period
2.	Each job debit from the account associated with a group or user record
3.	Once the ‘savings’ are spent on group or user level the associations will be disabled

At the moment the only set-up I see, is that an external framework scans the SLURM account (job) information and debits the resource records stored in ‘extra’ DB and disables (triggers) the associated SLURM accounts via slurm commands once the resources have been used.(?)
Any comment or link to an existing set-up would be very helpful. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

-Frank