[slurm-users] job_container/tmpfs and autofs

Hagdorn, Magnus Karl Moritz magnus.hagdorn at charite.de
Thu Jan 12 07:49:45 UTC 2023

Hi there,
we excitedly found the job_container/tmpfs plugin which neatly allows
us to provide local scratch space and a way of ensuring that /dev/shm
gets cleaned up after a job finishes. Unfortunately we found that it
does not play nicely with autofs which we use to provide networked
project and scratch directories. We found that this is a known issue
[1]. I was wondering if that has been solved? I think it would be
really useful to have a warning about this issue in the documentation
for the job_container/tmpfs plugin.
Regards
magnus

[1]