[slurm-users] Chaining srun commands

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:47:25 UTC 2023

Jake,

It may help more to understand what you are trying to do accomplish
rather than find out how to do it the way you expect.

I am guessing you are using srun to get an interactive session on a
node. That approach is being deprecated and you get a shell by default
with salloc

If you are trying to start new jobs on other nodes, you would want to
use salloc/sbatch to launch them.
If you are wanting to have multiple nodes on a single job, IIRC, you
would request them with the initial salloc and then use options to srun
to launch appropriately.

What specifically do you want to get (resource-wise) and how do you want
to use them?

Brian Andrus