[slurm-users] gres.conf and select/cons_res plugin

Yair Yarom irush at cs.huji.ac.il
Wed Sep 14 10:55:55 UTC 2022

Hi,

I don't remember the exact details, but we started with cons_res a while
back, and at one of the upgrades we moved to cons_tres which was newer and
supported more options (I don't remember which, but I think gpus were
generally supported with cons_res). I don't think we lost any features when
we switched.

Indeed you need to look at your version's documentation, e.g. cons_tres
doesn't appear in:
https://slurm.schedmd.com/archive/slurm-17.11.0/cons_res.html
but appears in
https://slurm.schedmd.com/cons_res.html

And from the latter:
The Consumable Trackable Resources (*cons_tres*) plugin provides all the
same functionality provided by the Consumable Resources (*cons_res*)
plugin. It also includes additional functionality specifically related to
GPUs.

--

  \/       | Yair Yarom | System Group (DevOps)
  //    \  | irush at cs.huji.ac.il