[slurm-users] Switch setting in slurm.conf breaks slurmctld if the switch type is not there in slurmcrld node

Richard Chang rchang.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 05:35:40 UTC 2022

Hi,

I have observed that when I specify a switch type in the slurm.conf file
and that particular switch type is not present in the slurmctld node,
slurmctld panics and shuts down. Is this expected ? My slurmctld doesn't
have the switch type, but the computes have that switch type. how can I
set it up so that it can utilise the feature but not break slurm.

Thanks & regards,

RC.