[slurm-users] Ideal NFS exported StateSaveLocation size.

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:20:55 UTC 2022

FWIW, I have used NFS/Gluster/Luster for a SaveStateLocation at various
times on various clusters.

I have never had an issue with any of them and run clusters in size up
to 1000+ nodes. I have even used the same share to symlink all the
nodes' slurm.conf with no issue.

Of course, YMMV, but if you aren't having excessive traffic to the
share, you should be good. I have yet to discover what would be
excessive enough to impact things.

The only use I have had for the HA is being able to keep the cluster
running/happy during maintenance.

Brian Andrus