[slurm-users] Ideal NFS exported StateSaveLocation size.

Paul Edmon pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 24 13:37:21 UTC 2022

HA for slurmctld is not multidatacenter HA but rather a traditional HA
setup where you have two server heads off of one storage brick
(connected by SAS cables or other fast interconnect).  Multidatacenter
HA has issues with keeping things in sync due to latency and IOPs (as
noted below).

So the HA setup for slurmctld will protect you from the server hosting
the slurmctld getting hosed, not the entire rack going down or the
datacenter going down.

-Paul Edmon-