[slurm-users] How to implement resource restriction for diffrent slurm users under same slurm account

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Tue Oct 18 05:41:29 UTC 2022

On 10/17/22 16:51, Hemanta Sahu wrote:
>       I want to implement resource restriction for different slurm users
> under
> the same slurm account by setting  "GrpTRESMins" Flag. For testing
> purposes I set the "GrpTRESMins=cpu=0"  and submitted the Job.
>
>    I expect the job submission should fail but it is not happening. The
> jobs are still going to Q and running.
>
> Kindly help me if I am missing anything obvious. Command outputs given
> below for reference.

Job submission should not fail due to resource limits.

Read the slurm.conf manual page to make sure you have set this parameter
correctly, for example:

$ scontrol show config | grep AccountingStorageEnforce
AccountingStorageEnforce = associations,limits,qos,safe

You should also read this documentation:
https://slurm.schedmd.com/resource_limits.html

I assume that you have configured a Slurm database?

/Ole