[slurm-users] X11 forwarding, slurm-22.05.3, hostbased auth

Allan Streib astreib at indiana.edu
Mon Oct 10 17:02:04 UTC 2022

Yes, 'salloc --x11' followed by 'ssh -X' to the allocated node works.

'hostname' command gives me the short hostname. However /etc/localhost
contains 'localhost' not the short hostname. I will experiement with
that.

These nodes are all running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS by the way.

Allan

--
Allan Streib
Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering