[slurm-users] X11 forwarding, slurm-22.05.3, hostbased auth

Tina Friedrich tina.friedrich at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 10 14:18:09 UTC 2022

I remember having problems in that it worked via SSH - did you check
that (i.e. if you 'ssh -X' to a node it works?) - but not via SLURM.

That seemed to be authorization, and the way the SLURM inbuild method
generated the magic cookies - it couldn't cope with the node hostname
being it's FQDN, it needed it to be the short hostname. I 'fixed' it by
changing all the nodes' hostnames to short format :) (CentOS uses long
by default, but it's not as if I really care).

Tina

--
Tina Friedrich, Advanced Research Computing Snr HPC Systems Administrator

Research Computing and Support Services
IT Services, University of Oxford
http://www.arc.ox.ac.uk http://www.it.ox.ac.uk