[slurm-users] salloc problem

Gizo Nanava nanava at luis.uni-hannover.de
Wed Nov 30 12:53:39 UTC 2022

Sorry for this very late response.

The directory where job containers are to be created is of course already there - it is the local filesystem.
We also start slurmd as a very last process once a node is ready to accept jobs.
That seems to be either a feature of salloc or a bug in Slurm, presumable caused by some race conditions -
in very rare cases, salloc works without this issue.
I see that doc on the Slurm power saving mentions about salloc, but not for the case of interactive use of it.

Thank you & best regards
Gizo