[slurm-users] [EXTERNAL] SlurmDBD losing connection to the backend MariaDB

Richard Chang rchang.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 09:03:00 UTC 2022

Hello Greg,

I have a two node set up. node1 is primary slurmctld + backup slurmdbd
and node2 is primary slurmdbd + backup slurmctld and mysql database host.

  My concern is if node 2 goes down, then the backup slurmdbd will take
over, then what will happen ?

I have read that slurmctld can cache data, but what about slurmdbd? Not
sure.

I have intentionally used the slurmdbd + mariadb in the second node
because I didn't want to overload the primary slurmctld.

I hope you all are getting the picture of how my set up is.

Thanks,

RC