[slurm-users] Rolling upgrade of compute nodes

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Mon May 30 17:34:06 UTC 2022

On 30/5/22 10:06 am, Chris Samuel wrote:

> If you switch that symlink those jobs will pick up the 20.11 srun binary
> and that's where you may come unstuck.

Just to quickly fix that, srun talks to slurmctld (which would also be
20.11 for you), slurmctld will talk to the slurmd's running the job
(which would be 19.05, so OK) but then the slurmd would try and launch a
20.11 slurmstepd and that is where I suspect things could come undone.

Sorry - hadn't had coffee when I was writing earlier. :-)

--
Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA