[slurm-users] Software and Config for Job submission host only

Richard Chang rchang.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 12 09:06:07 UTC 2022

Hi,

I am new to SLURM and I am still trying to understand stuff. There is
ample documentation available that teaches you how to set it up quickly.

Pardon me if this was asked before,  I was not able to find anything
pointing to this.

I am trying to figure out if there is something like PBS-execution only
for SLURM. Such that I can install it is the Login nodes and those nodes
will only be responsible for the job-submission and not job execution.

Is there any particular package to install and is there a different
config that needs to be put in the job submission only nodes ?

Basically, I want the job submission nodes to have all the commands and
all the things that will enable them to get reports,logs whatever an
admin and a user will need. Just not execution of the jobs.

Thanks in advance for your help.

RC.