[slurm-users] Partition dedicated to batch jobs only

René Sitt sittr at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Tue May 10 12:19:00 UTC 2022

Hello Moshe,

I don't think that's possible (someone else may correct me if I'm
wrong), as in my understanding, the job ID is assigned only after
job_submit.lua has run through. The job_ptr struct (or job_rec for the
lua API) is available for the slurm_job_modify() function but not for
slurm_job_submit(), since it has fields that can only have values after
a successful job submit and resource allocation by the scheduler.

Best regards,
René Sitt

--
Dipl.-Chem. René Sitt
Hessisches Kompetenzzentrum für Hochleistungsrechnen

Tel. +49 6421 28 23523
sittr at hrz.uni-marburg.de
www.hkhlr.de