[slurm-users] Use all cores when submitting to heterogeneous nodes

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 15:17:59 UTC 2022

You are putting the cart before the horse here. While you can get access
to all the node using --exclusive, when you request cores, you will not
know if you have more. For example you request 80 cores and land on a 40
and a 48 with exclusive access. You would need to do some sort of
discovery to know what is available versus what you asked for. When
using exclusive, it becomes more like "I want at least X cores" and you
get "Ok, here are X cores or more"

Within your script, you could check for total cores. something like
'srun lscpu' and parse the output.

Brian Andrus