[slurm-users] job requesting licenses would not be scheduled as expected

刘文晓 wenxiaoll at 126.com
Tue Mar 15 06:52:26 UTC 2022

Hi there:
licenses requesting job would not be scheduled as expected
In my local environment--Slurm19.05, I have 2 computing nodes( 2 CPUs per node) and 40 fluent licenses.
the envs are same result:
  Licenses=fluent:40
  SchedulerType=sched/backfill
  PriorityType=priority/multifactor
or
  Licenses=fluent:40
  SchedulerType=sched/builtin
  PriorityType=priority/basic

the test steps are below:
1. submit 35 licenses and 1 CPU's job, it is running;
2. submit 7 licenses and 1 CPU's job, it is pending(licenses) with bigger priority than step 3's job;
3. submit 1 license and 1 CPU's job, it is running;

In my view, it is not right. The 7 licenses' job with higher priority should be running before 1 license's job.
is my question right?

thanks