[slurm-users] Performance with hybrid setup

Renfro, Michael Renfro at tntech.edu
Sun Mar 13 21:29:43 UTC 2022

Slurm supports a l3_cache_as_socket [1] parameter in recent releases. That would make an Epyc system, for example, appear to have many more sockets than physically exist, and that should help ensure threads in a single task share a cache.

You’d want to run slurmd -C on a node with that setting enabled to generate the new NodeName parameters, and replace the old entries in the overall slurm.conf with the updates values.

[1] https://slurm.schedmd.com/slurm.conf.html#OPT_l3cache_as_socket