[slurm-users] CentOS Stream 9

Alan Orth alan.orth at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:08:45 UTC 2022

Dear SLURM users,

I'm curious if any organizations have deployed SLURM clusters on CentOS
Stream 9?

It was interesting to read CERN's report from a few months ago¹ detailing
their plans for the future. They have a massive CentOS 7 install base (tens
of thousands of systems) and currently support CentOS Stream 8 on part of
their infrastructure, but are considering skipping directly to CentOS
Stream 9 for the rest in the next two years.

Can anyone share their thoughts and experiences? I have partially tested
CentOS Stream 8 for our deployment and workloads, but we have not made the
jump yet. My gut feeling is that there will be significantly more technical
debt to pay off if we go directly to CentOS Stream 9.

Thank you,

¹
https://indico.cern.ch/event/1070475/contributions/4511844/attachments/2309304/3929738/lfc03-20210915-NoNDA.pdf

--