[slurm-users] detailed worker state with sinfo

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 13:36:53 UTC 2022

Mike,

There are not such differences for draining nodes.

DRNG = Draining

DRAIN = Drained

So if a node is not fully drained yet, it is draining

It would never be IDLE + DRAINING because it can immediately become drained.

*STATE*
    State of the nodes. Possible states include: allocated, completing,
    down, drained, draining, fail, failing, future, idle, maint, mixed,
    perfctrs, planned, power_down, power_up, reserved, and unknown.
    Their abbreviated forms are: alloc, comp, down, drain, drng, fail,
    failg, futr, idle, maint, mix, npc, plnd, pow_dn, pow_up, resv, and
    unk respectively.

    *NOTE*: The suffix "*" identifies nodes that are presently not
    responding.

Brian Andrus