[slurm-users] GrpTRESMins and GrpTRESRaw usage

Bjørn-Helge Mevik b.h.mevik at usit.uio.no
Thu Jun 23 07:18:52 UTC 2022

<gerard.gil at cines.fr> writes:

> TRESRaw cpu is lower than before as I'm alone on the system an no other job was submitted.
> Any explanation of this ?

I'd guess you have turned on FairShare priorities.  Unfortunately, in
Slurm the same internal variables are used for fairshare calculations as
for GrpTRESMins (and similar), so when fair share priorities are in use,
slurm will reduce accumulated GrpTRESMins over time.  This means that it
is impossible(*) to use GrpTRESMins limits and fairshare
priorities at the same time.

(*) It is possible to tell slurm *not* to reduce the accumulated
TRESMins of a QoS, so you can technically use GrpTRESMins limits on a
qos, and fair share priorites on the accounts and/or users.

--
B/H