[slurm-users] systemctl enable slurmd.service Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory

Nousheen nousheenparvaiz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 05:08:40 UTC 2022

Dear Jeffrey,

Thank you for your response. I have followed the steps as instructed. After
the copying the files to their respective locations "systemctl status
slurmctld.service" command gives me an error as follows:

(base) [nousheen at exxact system]$ systemctl daemon-reload
(base) [nousheen at exxact system]$ systemctl enable slurmctld.service
(base) [nousheen at exxact system]$ systemctl start slurmctld.service
(base) [nousheen at exxact system]$ systemctl status slurmctld.service
● slurmctld.service - Slurm controller daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/slurmctld.service; enabled; vendor
preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2022-01-31 10:04:31 PKT; 3s
ago
  Process: 18114 ExecStart=/usr/local/sbin/slurmctld -D -s
$SLURMCTLD_OPTIONS (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 18114 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jan 31 10:04:31 exxact systemd[1]: Started Slurm controller daemon.
Jan 31 10:04:31 exxact systemd[1]: slurmctld.service: main process exited,
code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jan 31 10:04:31 exxact systemd[1]: Unit slurmctld.service entered failed
state.
Jan 31 10:04:31 exxact systemd[1]: slurmctld.service failed.

Kindly guide me. Thank you so much for your time.

Best Regards,
Nousheen Parvaiz

ᐧ