[slurm-users] How to limit # of execution slots for a given node

Ryan Cox ryan_cox at byu.edu
Fri Jan 7 16:15:13 UTC 2022

David,

There are several possible answers depending on what you hope to
accomplish.  What exactly is the issue that you're trying to solve? Do
you mean that you have users who need, say, 8 GB of RAM per core but you
only have 4 GB of RAM per core on the system and you want a way to
account for that?  Or is it something else?

Ryan