[slurm-users] How to read job accounting data long output? `sacct -l`

Bjørn-Helge Mevik b.h.mevik at usit.uio.no
Wed Dec 14 07:19:28 UTC 2022

Chandler Sobel-Sorenson <chandler at genome.arizona.edu> writes:

> Perhaps there is a way to import it into a spreadsheet?

You can use `sacct -P -l`, which gives you a '|' separated output, which
should be possible to import in a spread sheet.

(Personally I only use `-l` when I'm looking for the name of an
attribute and am to lazy to read the man page.  Then I use -o to specify
what I want returned.)

Also, in newer versions at least, there is --json and --yaml to give you
output which you can parse with other tools (or read, if you really want :).

--
Cheers,
Bjørn-Helge Mevik