[slurm-users] Secondary Unix group id of users not being issued in interactive srun command

Amjad Syed amjadcsu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 07:11:33 UTC 2021

Hello all

We have users who have have defined unix secondary id on our login nodes.

vas20xhu at login01 ~]$ groups

BIO_pg BIO_AFMAKAY_LAB_USERS

But when we run interactive  and go to compute node , the user does not
have secondary  group of BIO_AFMAKAY_LAB_USERS

vas20xhu at c0077 ~]$ groups

BIO_pg

This is our interactive script

alias interactive='srun -n1 -p interactive -J interactive --time=12:00:00
--mem-per-cpu=4G --pty bash --login'

/usr/bin/srun

When we ssh directly into node without using interactive script there are
no issues  with groups.

Anything we are missing in that interactive script?

Amjad