[slurm-users] Slurm Multi-cluster implementation

Tina Friedrich tina.friedrich at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 28 13:33:02 UTC 2021

Hi Navin,

well, I have two clusters & login nodes that allow access to both. That
do? I don't think a third would make any difference in setup.

They need to share a database. As long as the share a database, the
clusters have 'knowledge' of each other.

So if you set up one database server (running slurmdbd), and then a
SLURM controller for each cluster (running slurmctld) using that one
central database, the '-M' option should work.

Tina

--
Tina Friedrich, Advanced Research Computing Snr HPC Systems Administrator

Research Computing and Support Services
IT Services, University of Oxford
http://www.arc.ox.ac.uk http://www.it.ox.ac.uk