[slurm-users] How to enforce memory contrains?

Hermann Schwärzler hermann.schwaerzler at uibk.ac.at
Tue Oct 5 08:15:25 UTC 2021

Hi Rodrigo,

a possible solution is using

VSizeFactor=100

in slurm.conf.

With this settings, programs that try to allocate more memory than
requested in the job's settings will fail.

Be aware that this puts a limit on *virtual* memory, not on RSS. This
might or might not be what you want as a lot of programs tend to
allocate (a lot) more virtual memory than they really use (RSS).

Regards,
Hermann