[slurm-users] Possible to get cluster utilization by partition?

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Nov 5 07:26:52 UTC 2021

Hi Dave,

On 11/4/21 21:47, Chin,David wrote:
> I am running Slurm 20.02.7. I would like to generate cluster utilization
> report based on the billing TRES, but separated by partition.
>
> I can get full cluster utilization using:
>
>      sreport cluster utilization -T billing start=2021-01-01 end=2021-06-30
>
> but it would be useful for understanding usage if a similar report could
> be produced for each partition.

This should probably be a FAQ :-)  The sreport utility can't provide
accounting information for partitions :-(

Alternatively, I have written the accounting tools slurmacct and
topreports which are available from
https://github.com/OleHolmNielsen/Slurm_tools/tree/master/slurmacct

While the output has a different format, we find this more useful than
sreport because the lines are sorted in the order of usage percentages.

/Ole