[slurm-users] Building SLURM with X11 support

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Thu May 27 12:23:12 UTC 2021

On 5/27/21 2:07 PM, Thekla Loizou wrote:
> I am trying to use X11 forwarding in SLURM with no success.
>
> We are installing SLURM using RPMs that we generate with the command
> "rpmbuild -ta slurm*.tar.bz2" as per the documentation.
>
> I am currently working with SLURM version 20.11.7-1.
>
> What I am missing when it comes to build SLURM with X11 enabled? Which
> flags and packages are required?

What is your OS?  Do you have X11 installed?

Did you install all Slurm prerequisites?  For CentOS 7 it is:

yum install rpm-build gcc openssl openssl-devel libssh2-devel pam-devel
numactl numactl-devel hwloc hwloc-devel lua lua-devel readline-devel
rrdtool-devel ncurses-devel gtk2-devel libssh2-devel libibmad libibumad
perl-Switch perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker

see
https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/Slurm_installation#install-prerequisites

I hope this helps.