[slurm-users] Determining Cluster Usage Rate

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Mon May 17 10:37:29 UTC 2021

Il 17/05/21 09:25, Ole Holm Nielsen ha scritto:

> I hope that someone on the list can help you build Debian packages.
The problem is not just rebuilding Slurm: if I rebuild Slurm, I have to
rebuild OpenMPI, OpenIB and a alot of other stuff that I don't know with
the needed detail.

> When you find the time, you must upgrade by at most 2 Slurm versions at
> a time, so you have to upgrade in two steps, for example
> 18.08->19.05->20.11.
I usually just stop everything for the upgrade, then upgrade to whatever
Debian is shipping at the moment. If the history is lost, it's not a big
issue (that's what DB backups are for :) ).

> My Slurm upgrade instructions refer to CentOS, but the overall process
> would be the same for all Linuxes:
> https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/Slurm_installation#upgrading-slurm
> Please read carefully the existing documentation from SchedMD linked to
> in this page.
Tks.

> I upgrade Slurm frequently and have no problems doing so.  We're at
> 20.11.7 now.  You should avoid 20.11.{0-2} due to a bug in MPI.
That's a really useful info.

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia