[slurm-users] Determining Cluster Usage Rate

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Mon May 17 07:25:47 UTC 2021

On 5/17/21 8:59 AM, Diego Zuccato wrote:
> Il 15/05/21 00:43, Christopher Samuel ha scritto:
>
>>> It just doesn't recognize 'ALL'. It works if I specify the resources.
>> That's odd, what does this say?
>> sreport --version
> slurm-wlm 18.08.5-2
> That's the package from Debian stable (we don't have the manpower to
> handle manually-compiled packages).
> As Ole said, it's an old version. I'd love to be able to keep up with the
> newest releases, but ... :(

I hope that someone on the list can help you build Debian packages.  When
you find the time, you must upgrade by at most 2 Slurm versions at a time,
so you have to upgrade in two steps, for example 18.08->19.05->20.11.

My Slurm upgrade instructions refer to CentOS, but the overall process
would be the same for all Linuxes:
https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/Slurm_installation#upgrading-slurm
Please read carefully the existing documentation from SchedMD linked to in
this page.

I upgrade Slurm frequently and have no problems doing so.  We're at
20.11.7 now.  You should avoid 20.11.{0-2} due to a bug in MPI.

/Ole