[slurm-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: Cluster usage, filtered by partition

Greg Wickham greg.wickham at kaust.edu.sa
Wed May 12 09:30:58 UTC 2021

Hi Diego,

Disclaimer: A little bit of shameless self-promotion.

We're using an application I wrote to inject slurm accounting records into a PostreSQL database. The
data is extracted from Slurm using "sacct".

From there it's possible to use SQL queries to mine the raw slurm data.

    https://gitlab.com/greg.wickham/sminer

This tool _only_ injects Slurm data into PostgreSQL, unlike XDMoD (which can do this and more).

However the a big benefit for us is sminer can inject records into an existing database (no need for a separate database).

CSV dumps can be obtained using native PostgreSQL commands.

Graphs are created using python scripts (querying the data) and then plotted with gnuplot.

  -Greg

—