[slurm-users] [External] Get original script of a job

Prentice Bisbal pbisbal at pppl.gov
Fri Mar 5 16:46:02 UTC 2021

I have this same problem - a user writes to me about a problem they're
having with Slurm, and instead of pasting the script into the support
ticket or e-mail, give me the path to it. When finally get to looking at
it, it's obviously they've changed it since reporting the issue, so I
have no forensic information for my investigation.

Once a job completes, Slurm doesn't store that information anywhere. The
working directory is stored in the sacct data in the field WorkDir, but
the actual command information isn't saved anywhere.

Prentice

--
Prentice