[slurm-users] [External] About sacct --format: detailed info about the fields

Prentice Bisbal pbisbal at pppl.gov
Fri Mar 5 16:41:40 UTC 2021

Which fields are you talking about. All of the fields seem to be
well-documented in the sacct man page
(https://slurm.schedmd.com/sacct.html). For example, you mention the
time fields. For format for all the time fields seem to be rather well
documented (See below) and you can use the SLURM_TIME_FORMAT environment
variable to specify the format of some of those time fields.

Can you give a more specific example of a field you are having trouble
parsing, and what programming language you are using to parse it? I had
no problem parsing the date/time fields in Python. For example I wrote a
Python routine that converted elapsed to seconds. I'd share the code
with you, but I can't find it at the moment. I think it's on my personal
computer instead of my work computer, which I'm using now.

 From https://slurm.schedmd.com/sacct.html:

--
Prentice