[slurm-users] Get original script of a job

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Mar 5 10:56:05 UTC 2021

On 05-03-2021 11:29, Alberto Morillas, Angelines wrote:
> I would like to know if it will be possible to get the script that was
> used to send a job.
>
> I know that when I send a job with scontroI can get the path and the
> name of the script used to send this job, but normally the users change
> theirs scripts and sometimes all was wrong after that, so is there any
> possibility to reproduce the script of an old job???

The Slurm database doesn't store information about old jobs' Command
(i.e., the job script) information, let alone store the script itself!
See "man sacct" and look at the list below --helpformat (Print a list of
fields that can be specified with the --format option).

This was also discussed in a previous mailing list thread:
https://lists.schedmd.com/pipermail/slurm-users/2020-April/005307.html

/Ole