[slurm-users] Effect of slurmctld and slurmdb going down on running/pending jobs

Barbara Krašovec barbara.krasovec at ijs.si
Thu Jun 24 05:27:46 UTC 2021

Just in case, increase Slurmdtimeout in slurm.conf (so that when the
controller is back, it will give you time to fix the issues with the
communication between slurmd and slurmctld - if there will be any).
Otherwise it should not affect running and pending jobs. First stop
controller, then slurmdbd. And then when the disk arrangements are done,
first start slurmdbd and then slurmctld.

Cheers,

Barbara