[slurm-users] Effect of slurmctld and slurmdb going down on running/pending jobs

Amjad Syed amjadcsu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 22:54:20 UTC 2021

Hello all
We have  a cluster  running centos  7 . Our  slurm  scheduler is running on
a vm  machine and  we are running out  of disk  space for /var
 The slurm innodb is taking most of space.  We intend to expand the vdisk
for slurm server. This will require a reboot  for changes to take  effect.
Do we have to stop users  submitting  jobs by draining all partitions and
then restart the server. That is slurmctld.slurmdb and mariadb?  Or  will
the restarting of slurm vm have  no effect on running/pending iobs?

Sincerely

Amjad