[slurm-users] Question about adding and removing features in Slurm

David Henkemeyer david.henkemeyer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 15:52:37 UTC 2021

We are transitioning from PBS to Slurm.  In PBS, we use the following
syntax to add/remove properties to a node:

qmgr -c "set node <nodename> properties += <property>"
qmgr -c "set node <nodename> properties -= <property>"

Is there a similar way to do this for Slurm?  Or is it expected that the
administrator will manually edit slurm.conf to add/remove features?  I've
searched the docs and this seems to be the case, but I just wanted to check
with the experts to be sure.

Thanks so much,
David