[slurm-users] delete account and reservations

Jaap Dijkshoorn jaap.dijkshoorn at surf.nl
Thu Jun 10 07:48:27 UTC 2021

Hi,

I was wondering about the following. If i have a reservation with
accounts associated to it. And i delete the account with sacctmgr i do
not get any message. It just delete the account. But then when you want
to update the reservation (with the deleted account still associated to
it) you get the error:

'''
Error updating the reservation: Invalid account or account/partition
combination specified
slurm_update error: Invalid account or account/partition combination
specified
'''

It would be better i guess that as long as an account is somewhere
associated to a reservation you would not be able to delete the account
(or at least get a warning).

Any thoughts on this?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jaap P. Dijkshoorn

| HPCV Supercomputing | Internal Services  | SURF | https://userinfo.surfsara.nl |
| Science Park 140 | 1098 XG Amsterdam | Phone: +31208001300 |
| email:jaap.dijkshoorn at surf.nl | skype:jaap.dijkshoorn at surfsara.nl |

| We are ISO 27001 certified and meet the high requirements for information security. |