[slurm-users] Conflicting --nodes and --nodelist

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Tue Jun 1 11:15:30 UTC 2021

Hello all.

I just found that if an user tries to specify a nodelist (say including
2 nodes) and --nodes=1, the job gets rejected with
sbatch: error: invalid number of nodes (-N 2-1)
The expected behaviour is that slurm schedules the job on the first node
available from the list.
I've found conflicting info about the issue. Is it version-dependant?
If so, we're currently using 18.08.5-2 (from Debian stable). Should we
expect changes when Debian will ship a newer version? Is it possible to
have the expected behaviour?

Tks.

--
Diego Zuccato