[slurm-users] 4 sockets but "

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Jul 23 11:24:01 UTC 2021

On 7/23/21 1:15 PM, Ole Holm Nielsen wrote:
>> They'd probably omit reading it anyway...
>>
>>> Actually, I found a bit of unused space below the CPUload heading, so I
>>> print (15min) there now :-)  How does that look for you?
>> Perfect.
>> But it's not whowing jobIDs nor users :(
>
> That is really strange!  The pestat obtains username and jobid from the
> squeue command.  Do you get this information from "squeue -t running"?

I think the problem is your ancient Slurm 18.08 version!  It does not
handle correctly the newer "squeue -O" format options, see
https://slurm.schedmd.com/squeue.html

The pestat script uses this command:

squeue -t RUNNING -h -O 'State: ,JobID: ,JobArrayID: ,UserName:
,GroupName: ,StartTime: ,EndTime: ,TimeUsed: ,Partition: ,NumNodes:
,tres-per-node: ,NodeList: ,Name:'

The only solution is to upgrade Slurm :-(  Or maybe use an old version of
pestat before I switched from -o to -O formats:
https://github.com/OleHolmNielsen/Slurm_tools/blob/95cf33a504cf98b9217c0029c071dca14c0cc9fa/pestat/pestat

/Ole