[slurm-users] Assigning two "cores" when I'm only request one.

Benjamin Redling benjamin.rampe at uni-jena.de
Tue Jul 13 08:32:27 UTC 2021

On 12/07/2021 21.16, Luis R. Torres wrote:
> I'm trying to run one task on one "core", however, when I test the
> affinity, the system gives me "two"; I'm assuming the two are threads
> since the system is a dual socket system. [...]

AFAI understand, you reason that the no. of hw threads depends on the
number of sockets ("since")? Why? e.g. quad socket = four threads?
Cardinality of the sockets is coincidentally "two" -- like a lot of things.

This is slurms "notion" of the sockets, core, thread relations:
https://slurm.schedmd.com/mc_support.html

Regards,
Benjamin
--
FSU Jena | ksz.uni-jena.de/mitarbeiter & JULIELab.de/Staff/Redling