[slurm-users] How to avoid a feature?

Tina Friedrich tina.friedrich at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 1 17:21:25 UTC 2021

Hi Brian,

sometimes it would be nice if SLURM had what Grid Engine calls a 'forced
complex' (i.e. a feature that you *have* to request to land on a node
that has it), wouldn't it?

I do something like that for all of my 'special' nodes (GPU, KNL,
nodes...) - I want to avoid jobs not requesting that resource or
allowing that architecture landing on it. I 'tag' all nodes with a
relevant feature (cpu, gpu, knl, ...), and have a LUA submit verifier
that checks for a 'relevant' feature (or a --gres=gpu or somthing) and
if there isn't one I add the 'cpu' feature to the request.

Works for us!

Tina

--
Tina Friedrich, Advanced Research Computing Snr HPC Systems Administrator

Research Computing and Support Services
IT Services, University of Oxford
http://www.arc.ox.ac.uk http://www.it.ox.ac.uk