[slurm-users] How to avoid a feature?

Lyn Gerner schedulerqueen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 16:39:04 UTC 2021

Hey, Brian,

Neither I nor you are going to like what I'm about to say (but I think it's
where you're headed). :)

We have an equivalent use case, where we're trying to keep long work off of
a certain number of nodes. Since we already have used "long" as a QoS name,
to keep from overloading "long," we have had to establish a "notshort"
feature on all the nodes where we want to allow jobs longer than N minutes
to run. We use job_submit.lua to detect job duration, and set the notshort
feature as appropriate. No user action required.

Best,
Lyn