[slurm-users] How to avoid a feature?

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 14:08:32 UTC 2021

All,

I have a partition where one of the nodes has a node-locked license.
That license is not used by everyone that uses the partition.
They are cloud nodes, so weights do not work (there is an open bug about
that).

I need to have jobs 'avoid' that node by default. I am thinking I can
use a feature constraint, but that seems to only apply to those that
want the feature. Since we have so many other users, it isn't feasible
to have them modify their scripts, so having it avoid by default would work.

Any ideas how to do that? Submit LUA perhaps?

Brian Andrus