[slurm-users] Cluster nodes on multiple cluster networks

Michael Gutteridge michael.gutteridge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 20:18:24 UTC 2021

I don't believe the IP address is required- if you can configure a
DNS/hosts entry differently for cloud nodes you can set:

   SlurmCtldhost = controllername

Then have "controllername" resolve to the private IP for the controller for
the on-prem cluster, the public IP for the nodes in the cloud.
Theoretically anyway- I haven't run a config like that and I'm not sure how
the controller will react to such a configuration (i.e. getting slurm
traffic on both interfaces).

If the on-prem nodes can reach the public IP address of the controller it
may be simpler to use only the public IP for the controller, but I don't
know how your routing is set up.

HTH

 - Michael