[slurm-users] Using "Environment Modules" in a SLURM script

Thomas M. Payerle payerle at umd.edu
Fri Jan 22 14:34:51 UTC 2021

On our clusters, we typically find that an explicit source of the
initialization dot files is need IF the default shell of
the user submitting the job does _not_ match the shell being used to run
the script.  I.e., for sundry historical and other reasons,
the "default" login shell for users on our cluster is tcsh, so if an user
with login shell of tcsh submits a bash job script, they generally
need to do an explicit "source ~/.profile".

--
Tom Payerle
DIT-ACIGS/Mid-Atlantic Crossroads        payerle at umd.edu
5825 University Research Park               (301) 405-6135
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20740-3831