[slurm-users] [EXTERNAL] Possible to copy sacctmgr info from one cluster to another?

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Thu Jan 14 09:42:54 UTC 2021

On 1/13/21 7:19 PM, Mando Rodriguez wrote:
> You can ‘dump’ the info in the slurm database to a file and reload the
> file (here named cluster.cfg).
>
> Dump the info with:
>
> sacctmgr dump slurm_cluster file=cluster.cfg
>
> You can load the info with:
>
> sacctmgr load file=cluster.cfg
>
> It saves all accounts, associations, and partition permissions.

>> On Jan 13, 2021, at 12:01 PM, Julius, Chad <Chad.Julius at sdstate.edu
>> <mailto:Chad.Julius at sdstate.edu>> wrote:
>>
>> *  **EXTERNAL EMAIL***
>>   This email originated outside of The University of Texas at San Antonio.
>>   Please exercise caution when clicking on links or opening attachments.
>>
>> All,
>>
>> Curious if it is possible to copy my sacctmgr information (accounts,
>> users, etc...) from one cluster to another?  For example slurm_cluster1
>> to slurm_cluster2.

I just tried "sacctmgr dump" as suggested above, and the dump file
contains all account information needed for migrating to another cluster

If you plan to manage users and accounts by manually editing such a file,
IMHO this is error-prone and not very transparent.  For daily management I
propose to use my Slurm accounts tool at
https://github.com/OleHolmNielsen/Slurm_tools/tree/master/slurmaccounts

This tool uses sacctmgr in a structured way based upon account
configuration files which define your account hierarchy.

Best regards,
Ole