[slurm-users] Upcoming Slurm 20.11.3 release will revert to older step launch semantics

Ionel GARDAIS ionel.gardais at ext.beicip.com
Fri Jan 8 19:37:26 UTC 2021

Hi Tim,

We dive into Slurm starting with 20.11.0 and IntelMPI.
We faced pinning issues with mpirun that did not exist when using directly srun.

Then we hit the wall with the 20.11.1 and the PMI issue.

It led us to try the 20.02.6 which solved both the PMI issue and the pinning issue with mpirun.

Do you think the revert announced with 20.11.3 could also solved our pinning issue ?

Thanks,
Ionel
--
Beicip-Franlab SA - 232 av. Napoleon Bonaparte - BP 2132-92502 Rueil-Malmaison Cedex
Capital: EUR 6 000 000 - TVA FR 54 679 804 047 - RCS Nanterre 679 804 047