[slurm-users] sacctmgr archive dump - no dump file produced, and data not purged?

Chin,David dwc62 at drexel.edu
Fri Feb 5 20:47:24 UTC 2021

Hi all:

I have a new cluster, and I am attempting to dump all the accounting data that I generated in the test period before our official opening.

Installation info:

  *   Bright Cluster Manager 9.0
  *   Slurm 20.02.6
  *   Red Hat 8.1

In slurmdbd.conf, I have:

    ArchiveJobs=yes
    ArchiveSteps=yes
    ArchiveEvents=yes
    ArchiveSuspend=yes

On the commandline, I do:

    $ sudo sacctmgr archive dump Directory=/data/Backups/Slurm PurgeEventAfter=1hours PurgeJobAfter=1hours PurgeStepAfter=1hours PurgeSuspendAfter=1hours
    This may result in loss of accounting database records (if Purge* options enabled).
    Are you sure you want to continue? (You have 30 seconds to decide)
    (N/y): y
    sacctmgr: slurmdbd: SUCCESS

However, no dump file is produced. And if I run sreport, I still see data from last month. (I also tried "1hour", i.e. dropping the "s".)

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,
    Dave Chin

--
David Chin, PhD (he/him)   Sr. SysAdmin, URCF, Drexel
dwc62 at drexel.edu                     215.571.4335 (o)
For URCF support: urcf-support at drexel.edu
https://proteusmaster.urcf.drexel.edu/urcfwiki
github:prehensilecode